Saturday, November 21, 2009

How's your NaNo?

Including today, we have 10 days left to finish our National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) books. I had intended to do all kinds of post about NaNo, but I've just been too busy! So busy, in fact, that I've hardly written at all...I just broke 16k a few minutes ago, and I should be at 33k already! This means I have to write 3400 words per day, every single day until the 30th if I want to finish. I'm hoping to write a ton today, maybe even 10k, and maybe 5k tomorrow, and that will help catch me up a bit. I will also have some time on Thanksgiving.

I thought NaNo would be hard last year when I was freelancing full time. Then I got an attack of tendonitis and really didn't think I'd finish, but I did. This year, I have taken a day job again--working with horses, which I love, but between work and driving to work, about 11-12 hours of my day is gone. Then, I often have writing assignments (for actual money), plus I have to bathe and eat and sleep and stuff. Sometimes, I just can't bear the thought of doing anything, so I just veg out. However, I just can't stand to lose, so I'm going to do everything in my power to get this stupid book WRITTEN!

If I can do it, you can too! Stop making excuses...just go write. Start with one sentence, or try to write just 100 words. Before you know it, you'll be screaming along, and you'll be so much further along on that book you've been wanting to write than if you just sat there and made excuses. Now, stop distracting yourself with my blog and get back to work!

Last ten days of NaNoWriMO....GO!!

No comments: