Apparently alliteration. Other than that, I have quite a bit going on, so I thought I'd give a little update on everything I'm doing. Moving forward, I'll post status changes as they happen to keep all of my fans (are you both reading?) in the loop.
Bubba Goes National, my current crowning achievement: awaiting its turn with my publisher's editor devine and my hero, Michy Devon.
Budget Horsekeeping: working on chapter four. Only one more to go, then the appendices with resources and glossary.
Mommy's Survival Guide to Autism: Our plan is to post each chapter as its own e-book. The first chapter, dealing with emotions, reactions, and what needs to happen right after diagnosis, is approaching completion. Don't forget to visit my good friend Beth Sandland's blog for updates on Jake's Place.
Flying Leaps: On the shelf for now until I have more time for it. Entered the first page in Nathan Bransford's Surprisingly Essential First Page Challenge, and have received some positive and some constructive feedback that gives me much to think about and opportunity to grow. See post below.
Untitled Romance: Also on the shelf until I have time to get to it. About 5k words.
Sequel to Flying Leaps: Also shelved for now, about 4k words.
Other writing projects:
- Writing articles for "California Counties" department of Horseman's News, as well as covering some horse shows. Look for my first piece for them, about Los Angeles County, in the February 2008 edition.
- Writeups for the SHN Payback program, see my writeup for OKW Entrigue, this week's stallion of the week.
- I recently entered into an agreement with The Sandland Group to write web content. Very excited about this!
- The Unfortunate Morning (short story): submited to The Pedestal, denied. Resubmitted to Modern Fiction Magazine.
- Plans for several promotional articles about arabian horses, particularly about dressage.
- Had sushi tonight. MMMMMMM Mikuni's in Fair Oaks, CA. No, I don't plan to give ongoing updates on dinner, but I'm on a sushi high so thought I'd share. Don't you just love the way you feel after eating sushi?
Sayonara...more updates to come as my various works make their way through the publishing process. Thanks for stopping by!