Saturday, December 26, 2009

How About National Finish a Novel Month?

I've said I was going to do this ever since I started NaNoWriMo. Since a lot of us don't finish our novels during the actual month, and it's so common to start a book and never finish it, I thought it would be fun to have a month where we pick a manuscript that we've started somewhere along the way (doesn't have to be a nano) and finish the sucker. My vision for this is to work on a MS that actually needs writing to be done on it rather than just editing, and maybe have a National Novel Editing Month later.

Chris Baty is having a drive to finish your novel this year, taking the whole year to do it, but for me that's too long. I need the pressure of doing it in a month, and it's helpful to have people doing it with me. I'm thinking January or March, giving us time to recover from NaNo and the holidays, but giving us 31 days.

Thoughts?

No comments: