Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How often do you count your blessings?

One of my philosophies of life that has always stayed with me through the hardest and the best of times is to be thankful. If I'm having a hard time, reminding myself of the good things in my life lifts my spirits. If things are going well, it is good to remember why that is.

Today I have been thinking about how thankful I am for the good friends I have who want the best for me, and who do what they can to help me reach my goals and constantly encourage me to keep striving for them. Michelle L. Devon, who is responsible for me having a freelance writing, editing and noveling career. Sandra Ketcham, who coached me on SEO and gave me work. Beth Sandland, who gives me work and advice and is going to fly me to her home so she can teach me how to build web pages. All the editors and other clients who decided to take a chance on me and pay me for doing what I love to do. The dance clubs and studios who think enough of my teaching to ask me back again and again.

On the horsey front, Ashley and Allyssa for helping me with halter training, finding me an amazing gelding at an even more amazing price, and giving me a great deal on a place to keep him and my darling mare. Patience, who has given me worlds of help in dressage and coaches me daily on my weight loss journey.

On a family front, I am grateful for my wonderful husband, whom I love more every say. My mom for taking care of us and my daughter for...well, just being her.

Wow, uncharacteristically mushy post. It's like an academy awards speech or something, but it's so true. I am so thankful to have these people in my life...and I can't help thinking maybe God might have a little to do with it.

No comments: