Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Accentuate Writers Forum Submission Challenge

I have issued a challenge on my favorite forum, Accentuate Writers. I hope my writing readers will join me there and take up the challenge, too!

All right, y'all, let's kick it into gear! We're all here to be writers, right? Let's get our work out there! I hereby offer a challenge. Are you up to the task?

1. You must set your goal of how much and how often you will submit, and post on the thread at Accentuate Writers to report. You can list everything you submitted or just one or two, it's up to you. Say as much about the piece as you like, whether it's the title or just a brief description, and what market you submitted to--again, as much detail as you think is appropriate. You don't have to write a book about it, just tell us what you did.

2. If you haven't already, start a spreadsheet to keep track of what you submitted, where, how (email/snail mail/website sub form, etc), when, and what the result was. This is for your personal use, not the forum.

3. Post when you get an acceptance or rejection so we can celebrate with you!

Who's with me?

My submission goals: submit one Associated Content article and one "real" piece to a "real" market per week.

I have already submitted my AC article, and as soon as I'm done with this blog post I'll send "We're Just Going to Look," part of my humorous Trials of a Horse Crazy Thirty-something series, to Arabian Horse World. Wish me luck!

No comments: