Tuesday, November 6, 2007

NaNoWriMo

November is National Novel Writing Month! www.nanowrimo.org issues a challenge every year to write an entire novel during the month of November. The idea is to just sit down and write that novel you've been thinking of writing for god-knows-how-long and just get it done--good or bad. No editing as you go, that's to be done in December. Many nanowrimo participants get their novels published, and there are prizes to be had. Just as important, there's about 79,000 other people doing it with you, and there are regional groups so you can meet other people and offer support, etc.

I've decided to go for it! I plan to write at least 2000 words per day during the week and 5000 on the weekends. I will also keep up with the Mommy's Survival Guide to Autism, sharedreviews.com, and my Associated Content articles (and ride my horse and play with my puppy, of course!). It's going to be a busy, busy month, but I think it will be good for me to get some discipline!

Please visit my nanowromo profile to watch my progress and read excerpts from my book, Flying Leap.

No comments: