Friday, July 30, 2010

Only two more days for LAFFN

Well, despite all my pep talks, I haven't had a lot of time for working on Bubba to the Rescue and meet my own LAFFN goal of finishing the first draft. Last night, I lamented to Michy that it wasn't looking good for me to finish. She pointed out that I have worked on it much more than I have for the past year and a half, and I'm definitely farther than I would have been without setting the goal to finish it this month. Good point! She also said that if I put my mind to it, I could probably get it done, and I think she's right. I finished my NaNo last year by writing thousands and thousands of words per day, so maybe I can do this. I have two more days--today and tomorrow--to get done. I don't have a specific word count to get to, I just need to finish these two plot elements, and I think I have it all figured out. I have enough written that the length will be fine however much I do to finish the book. I just need to go do it, so here I go! I think I've wrapped up all my time-sensitive projects for the moment, and everything else can wait until Sunday, except for a couple of quick things. So, what am I waiting for? Why am I still talking to you? Why are you reading this when you should be LAFFN?

No comments: